- Contract: The client’s approval for work to commence shall be deemed a contractual agreement between the client and TRANSFORMWEB LTD.
Important: Approval for the work to commence and payment of the advance fee indicates that the client accepts the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
- TRANSFORMWEB LTD Intellectual Copyright: TRANSFORMWEB LTD holds intellectual copyright of any material, including source code and original images created for the client.
- Clients’ Responsibilities with Regard to Copyright: In situations where the client provides images, text, animations, layouts or any other content for their website they are legally responsible for ensuring that this material does not infringe any copyright.
Certain images provided by TRANSFORMWEB LTD Web Design may have been purchased under licence from stock image suppliers. These images are generally only licensed for use on a website. The licence may not permit them to be used in publicity material. The website owner is legally responsible for ensuring that this does not happen. If you wish to use any images from the site for other purposes please contact us for clarification.
- Registration Charges: All third party costs arising from the registration of a domain name shall be met by the Client. TRANSFORMWEB LTD recommend that clients register their own domain names so that they have full ownership of these but where we have registered a domain name on the client’s behalf we agree to transfer this domain name to the client immediately upon request and without additional charge.
- Search Engine Promotion: If Search Engine Optimisation has been agreed as part of the contract the client must be aware that TRANSFORMWEB LTD are not responsible for ongoing web site promotion. Should the client require the site to be promoted on an ongoing basis a separate contract must be agreed. The order in which websites are ranked in the natural search results is controlled by the search engines. While we can optimise your site initially for this by making it search engine friendly, it is impossible to make any guarantees on ranking position.
- Cancellation: Should the client wish to cancel at any point during the process they shall remain liable for the work that has taken place and shall be invoiced accordingly. There are no refunds on any completed work. Work in progress may be cancelled, but payment will be due for work completed at that time.
In the unlikely event that Transform Web Cancel this agreement, payment will be due for work completed at that time, and all site files and work done will be delivered to the client
- IMPORTANT! Failure to Provide Required Website Content: You must ensure that we are not delayed as a result of late delivery of the material and content required to complete your website.
If you agree to provide us with the required information in advance and subsequently fail to do within four weeks of project commencement we reserve the right to close the project and the balance remaining becomes payable immediately. This will not be a problem provided that you do not give us the go ahead to start until you are ready to do so.
- Conceptualising: Conceptualising is the process of producing website concepts for clients. Concepts can include site mock ups, graphics and design proposals. This clearly takes a lot of time and for higher cost websites it will be included. For low cost sites (below £1500) you should be aware that (unless previously agreed) only one concept is possible. You should therefore ensure that you let us have your preferred colour scheme and design requirements beforehand. If you don’t do this we will design the website appropriately.
- Travel Time and Travel Expenses: Travelling time to and from customer premises is not generally included in our estimate. TRANSFORMWEB LTD reserve the right to make a charge for travelling time at our current hourly rate. Likewise TRANSFORMWEB LTD reserve the right to charge for travelling expenses based on actual costs of train tickets or fuel. (NOTE: There will be no charges for travelling time or expenses incurred during the quotation process, i.e. before you give your approval for work to commence.)
- Quotations and Revisions: The price quoted to the client is for the work specifically agreed on the quotation only. Should the client decide that changes are required after work on the website has commenced there may be a surcharge.
The client will be allowed a total of 5 (five) revisions under the terms of this agreement. These revision stages are as follows: 1- Design concept (colour schemes etc.) 2- site structure 3 – Site graphic, audio, and video designs 4 – content insertion 5 – Final site approval
- Payment – Advance Fee: An advance fee of 50% is required before work can start, unless a fixed amount is agreed prior to the signing of this agreement. Clients should only pay this advance fee if they agree to our terms and conditions. Payment of the advance will be taken as agreement.
- Payment – Refund Policy: After work on a website commences advances are not refundable.
- Payment Methods: Bank details will be provided for transfers in £GBP only. Unless otherwise agreed, payment is only accepted by cheque or bankers draft in UK Pounds Sterling. If your cheque is returned by the bank as unpaid for any reason, you will be liable for a “returned cheque” charge of £35.
- Payment of Balance: Payment of the balance is due immediately on completion of the website or on the agreed completion date, whichever comes first. We reserve the right not to launch a website until full payment has been received. If the Client fails to deliver content in time, before the agreed completion date, FULL PAYMENT IS STILL EXPECTED and no further work will take place until such payment has been made. TRANSFORMWEB LTD also reserves the right to choose not to add content after the agreed completion date
- Late Payment 1: Any websites previously launched may be removed if payment is not forthcoming. When this occurs an additional minimum charge of £100 will be required to have the site restored.
- Late Payment 2: Accounts that have not been settled within 7 days of our final reminder will be deemed to be in breach of contract and at the discretion of TRANSFORMWEB LTD , the client will forfeit all rights to any work already completed as defined within this contract.
- Future Support: Your website will be handed over as a fully functioning, completed work. Unless it has been agreed beforehand TRANSFORMWEB LTD is not responsible for future support. Support can be provided upon request for an agreed fee. Your website is offered as a single contract and no guarantee of the availability of future support from TRANSFORMWEB LTD Web Design is offered unless an ongoing support package has been agreed.
- Future Site Problems: Problems caused by malicious software, spyware, viruses and website hacking are a fact of life on today’s Internet. It is highly unlikely that these will affect your website, and TRANSFORMWEB LTD will endeavour to protect it from this as much as we can during its creation, but after the website is handed over we cannot be held responsible for problems caused by illegal activity or the actions of others.
- Access to Client Hosting Space: In the case of clients making their own hosting arrangements: we may require ongoing access to our clients’ hosting space to allow us to support and monitor their websites. This access is via a user ID and password combination, which the client may change after the website is handed over. If the client chooses to change the password we will no longer have access to the website and further support will not be possible.
- Compliance with Ecommerce, Accessibility or Other Regulations: We design websites in accordance with the client’s specifications. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the website and its content comply with current online trading laws and regulations.
We cannot accept responsibility for any failure to comply with laws and regulations related to accessibility, selling online or those related to a specific business or trade. We can research this on the client’s behalf upon request, but in any business where complex compliance issues may exist we recommend that the client takes legal advice from their company lawyer.
- Browser Compatibility: TRANSFORMWEB LTD websites are designed to support as many browsers as possible but due to the designs and technologies that may be used in a website there are certain browsers that we may exclude due to their age or design. Sites are optimised for the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, google chrome. Whilst time is taken to ensure full cross browser compatibility for older versions and for other browsers, no guarantees are made
- Validity of Quotation: Unless otherwise agreed any quotation provided will be valid for 14 days from the date of receipt.